Frequently Asked Questions
Scan jobs are non-refundable once you have received the digital scan file.
Due to the UV coating process we utilize, all canvas giclee prints require a minimum of two business days to complete.
Canvas giclee print and stretching turn-around time is 5 business days.
Based on the print size, aluminum print turn-around time is 5-10 business days.
Large or highly custom orders may take more time, please contact us for more information!
File Preparation – Photoshop
- Remove any dust, blemishes, sensor dust, and anything else that should not be in your final print.
Adjust density, contrast, color balance, saturation, etc.
- Ensure your file(s) are sharp and in focus.
- Remove any alpha channels.
- Flatten your image, if it has layers.
- Save your file with “Save As” in TIFF, PSD, or JPEG format (please set the Quality to “Maximum”).
- Send RGB files in the working space you edit in (AdobeRGB, Prophoto, sRGB, etc). Do not send CMYK files.
Our file Upload on our website accepts files as large as 50 MB. If your file is larger than that size, please contact us by email or call us at 808-545-5511.
Do not increase dpi to 300dpi if your file was not created at that size to begin with because this tends to have a negative effect on print quality. If you’re unsure, contact us.
At Chromaco, we calibrate our scanning equipment, all of our computer monitors and printers so that the ICC profiles of each device and media are consistent. This ensures that the colors we see on our computer monitors are close to the colors that the printer produces.
Raw scan (no color correction), high-resolution (300dpi) scan turnaround time is 2 business days.
Large or extremely intricate orders may take more time, please contact us for more information!
If the painting and frame are too old or fragile to remove, we can still scan the image, but this prevents us from capturing details along the edge that are covered by the frame.